Monday, January 2, 2012

Yogurt Smoothies

Original Recipe

Yogurt Smoothies
Prep Time   5 minutes
Total Time  5 minutes
Serves 4

When I was pregnant, I wanted easy, on-the-go breakfast options that would be filling and healthy.  I started experimenting with smoothies and got hooked on this recipe.  I once made one for my sister and she said, "You could make money off these".  Thanks, sis!



There are a ton of combinations you can make, depending on your fruit choices.  This recipe is the basic recipe that I use but I have added in mango, banana and peaches.  Just keep in mind that mango and strawberries tend to be a little tart so you might want to add a teaspoon of sugar before mixing.

3 cups non or low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup milk
1 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries). Make sure the fruit is still frozen.  It makes a difference in the texture.
Handful ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender.  If your blender has it, use the "Crush" or "Blend" setting first to break up the ice, about a minute.  Once the ice is broken down, switch to the "Aerate" or "Whip" setting and continue blending for another minute or two.  This step will put air into the mixture and make it lighter and smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment