Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Creamy Italian Chicken (Slow Cooker)

Recipe Courtesy of Fix It and Forget It cookbook

Prep Time  10 min
Total Time  6 hours
Serves 4

I'll admit it.  Over the years, the crock pot has been my friend and my enemy.  I've mastered chili and a few other dishes but roast beef and chicken always seem to dry out on me no matter what I try.  When I saw this recipe,  I thought it would be the same story.  Boneless chicken in the crock pot almost always equals disaster for me.  Until now. 

This dish was awesome!  The chicken was moist and flavorful and the sauce was delicious!



Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 package (8 ozs.) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ozs.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 1 can (4 ozs.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
  • Hot cooked rice or noodles

Preparation:

Place the chicken breast halves in a slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
 
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour cream cheese mixture over chicken. Cook 1 to 3 hours longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice or hot cooked noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment